Specialist databases provide information or literature from one or more subject areas. For example, legal databases contain jurisprudence relevant texts, multidisciplinary databases offer literature of different fields of science. The content can be i. a.:
Whether you can use a database (in full), depends on the respective offer: some databases are (partially) freely accessible, others can only be used by purchasing a license. The following overview lists all specialist databases that have been licensed by the Trier UAS for the Main Campus in Trier.
Metasearch tools such as DBIS give you the opportunity to search for freely accessible or commercial databases.
Contents: Perinorm allows you, among other things
full-text search for DIN standards without VDE identification,
full-text search for DIN-EN standards,
search for the bibliographic data of more than two million national, European and international standards as well as technical regulations (VDI guidelines, ISO standards, etc.).
Guidance: Perinorm offers you, among other things, the possibility to search for a standard or guideline with the help of the document number:
1. Open Perinorm (via campus computer or VPN).
2. Switch to the English surface (top bar).
3. Enter the document number, e.g. 748 for DIN 748-1 or 690 for DIN ISO 690. a) Simple search mask: Tick the box "Search in document number only" below the search line. b) Advanced search mask: Select the field "Document identifier+" for entry.
4. Submit the search via the "Search" button.
5. You receive a hit list. The current editions of the standards are placed at the top.
6. If the standard you are looking for is available as full text, you will see a blue bordered document symbol with or without a country flag on the left.
7. Click on the symbol. The full text is made available.
Note: Please note that a document number can apply to more than one standard. For example, searching with "748" will lead you to DIN 748-1 (shaft ends) and DIN EN 748 (playing field equipment).
Detailed instructions and further search aids can be found here:
Collection of technical rules
- BERG mining,
- BEFO management and organization.
Access to databases: via campus computer or VPN.
You are leaving the official website of Trier University of Applied Sciences