Re-entry scholarship for female scientists by the county ministry of science, continuous education and culture
- Above average degree, respectively Ph.D-degree
- Time out of scientific work due to child care for no more than 5 years (or a time out due to a at least 5 year-long qualifying employment outside university)
Funding can be obtained for a re-entry into research or the completion of a research project. The research must take place at a Rhineland-palatine university and must end with a PhD-degree or a professorial position.
To apply, please contact the equality office of our university with a detailed description of the following bullet points:
- Your scientific career so far
- Description of the intended research project
- Details on the above described requirements
- CV in table form (if applicable including marital status, number of children birth dates of children)
- If applicable, copies of your children’s birth certificates
- Copies of employment references and examination certificates, respectively proof of self-employment
- 2 expert opinions on the status of your research composed by your professorial tutor (including a statement by him / her concerning your expected degree)
The scholarship is awarded for one year.
- The awardee should, in workload and time, work equal to a fulltime job or, respectively, apply for a part time research scholarship (funding period will double).
- After one year the scholarship can, in justified cases, be extended for another half year. In cases of personal hardship, a funding to complete the project for up to 6 month is possible.
- The awardee and her professorial tutor must provide a half-yearly report on the research progress.
The scholarship amounts to:
- 1.000 € for PhD-student
- 1.300 € to qualify for a professorial position
For dependent children the following additional sums can be provided:
- 150 € for one child
- 200 € for two children
- 250 € for three children
- 300 € for four and more children