Prof. Dr. Tilo Mentler is a professor of Human Computer Interaction and User Experience at Trier University of Applied Sciences since 2020. He researches and teaches systematic human-centered development of interactive systems, especially in the context of demanding activities (e.g. mobile devices in medicine, multi-screen workstations in control rooms, augmented and virtual reality for emergency services).
He is involved in interdisciplinary cooperation in several research projects, among others:
- PervaSafe Computing: Pattern-Based Wearable Assistants for Safety-Critical Human-Computer Interaction in Control Rooms (in cooperation with Prof. Dr. Kristof Van Laerhoven; funded by German Research Foundation within SPP 2199 "Scalable Interaction Paradigms for Pervasive Computing Environments")
- TabiRi-HKS: Tablet-basierte Patienteninformation über das Hautkrebsscreening mit individueller Risikobestimmung im Haus- und Facharztsetting (in cooperation with Institut für Sozialmedizin und Epidemiologie (ISE), University of Lübeck; funded by Stiftung Deutsche Krebshilfe)
- Serious Games Lab“ (SGL) foucssing on „Senior Health Games“ (SHG) (together with several colleagues from Trier University of Applied Sciences, funded by Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung)
- Artificial intelligence and the Automated Ordering of Digital Communication (in cooperation with Alexander von Humboldt Institut für Internet und Gesellschaft und Haifa Center for Law & Technology; funded by VolkswagenStiftung)
- Virtual Reality for pain relief in the treatment of children and adolescents (in cooperation with Klinik für Kinderchirurgie, UKSH)
- Virtual Reality in the education and training of rescue workers (in cooperation with DRK-Rettungsdienstschule Schleswig-Holstein)
- Interactive test of interpersonal problems in depressive patients (in cooperation with Zentrum für Integrative Psychiatrie - ZIP gGmbH, UKSH)
Previously, Prof. Mentler was junior professor for safety-critical human-machine systems in technology and medicine at the University of Lübeck. He received his doctorate on IT support for emergency services in regular and emergency operations.
Prof. Mentler is
- spokesman of the "Usable Safety & Security" section of the German Informatics Society (GI)
- member of the IFIP Advisory Board of the GI
- GI representative in the IFIP Domain Committee on IT in Disaster Risk Reduction.
Further information can be found here: Google Scholar and Open Badge Passport.