Pause studies

You can pause your studies by getting exmatriculated. But you have consider, that there will be a necessity of a new application if you want to continue your studies at the University of Applied Sciences Trier.

The re-entry into a higher semester shouldn't be any problem in NC-degree program, because a restriction is just effectual for the first of semesters.

You have to check the approval of earlier studies and examination requirements as well as failed exams with the examination office, if there is a change of study conditions.


Vacation semester

  • Should you have applied for vacation semesters in place of parental leave, the counting of your university semesters will continue, the counting of your study semesters will be on hold.
  • Support by a governmental study grant will pause during a vacation semester.
  • Your semester fees will still have to be paid during vacation semester.
  • During vacation semester, you cannot take part in any exams!
  • During vacation semester you will face no changes with regards to your health insurance. If you are not insured through a partner or through your parents, you are subjected to the obligation of insurance and the payment of the insurance fees.

More informations & Counselling

Locations Trier & Idar-Oberstein:
Study Services University of Applied Sciences Trier,
Schneidershof, Building G, Foyer

Mail: studienservice(at)

Opening hours:
09:00 - 15:00 h
09:00 - 12:00 h

Please take care of the assignment of your degree program to the right working group of the Study Services in Trier. So you will have always the right contact person until the end of your studies for every study-related question.


Infopoint Study Services
Building 9924/Room 035
Phone: (06782) 17 18 26
Mail: studienservice(at)

Counseling by Phone:
Mon & Thu:
08:00 - 9:45 h
13:00 - 15:00 h
10:00 bis 12:00 h

Opening hours:
Mon & Thu:
10:00 - 13:30 h
07:30 - 10:00 h
13:00 - 17:00 h

as well as after an agreement by phone

back-to-top nach oben