Advance child support

Advance child support is a way to support single parents.

You can claim advance child support if the other parent of your child is not regularly or not at all paying child support.

The advance child support amount to:

  • 150 € per month for children up to 5 years
  • 202 € per month for children between 6 and 11 years
  • Under certain circumstances: 272 € per month for children between 12 and 17 years

Advance child support can be paid for a maximum period of 72 month, though only up to the end of the child’s 12 year. A court-ordered child support ruling against the other parent is not necessary; however, an effort to obtain the child support from the other parent must be proven.

You can hand in your claim at your local youth welfare service.

More informations

Youth welfare service Trier
City Hall
Carsten Lang (Leader)
Am Augustinerhof
Verwaltungsgebäude II
54290 Trier

Phone (main office): 0651/718-3508
Fax: 0651/718-1508

Mail (main office): jugendamt(at)

Youth welfare service Birkenfeld
Cristine Enders 
Schneewiesenstr. 25
55765 Birkenfeld

Phone: 06782/15200
Mail: enders(at)

Youth welfare service Idar-Oberstein

Georg-Maus-Straße 1
55743 Idar-Oberstein

Phone: 06781/64-0

Fax 06781/64-445

Mail: jugendamt(at)

back-to-top nach oben